pink

Selected Poems
William Shakespeare
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe
Fannie Flagg
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky 2 stars huh? I did like some of the things that happened in the book, they just didn't feel realistic to the character. One minute Charlie seemed like an autistic 8 year old boy, the next minute he was friend of the cool kids, experiencing everything that goes along with that. I feel like I'm the wrong target audience, not being a teenage boy, much in the same way that I didn't like The Virgin Suicides, because I'm not a teenage girl. Still, I had issues. This book would have rated higher for me, but I really, really didn't like the big reveal at the end that attempted to explain away Charlie's behaviour throughout. Just did not like that at all. There should have been a check box for how many controversial issues were thrown in by the end. Side note: If you liked The Catcher in the Rye, then I'd say there's a good chance you'll like this too. In ways it felt like Stephen Chbosky was trying to write a modern version almost 50 years later. Unfortunately I don't like either.